2008 News Archive
- Released v2.2.5 of the CodeSnip Database Viewer. Enables a snippet's additional information to be formatted using a simple markup language. Also fixes a bug that somtimes causes a GPF when editing a user defined routine.
- Added a new Windows category containing eight new routines to the Code Snippets Database.
- Release v2.2.4 of the CodeSnip Database Viewer. v2,2 adds ability to submit code to the database and to share code with other users. v2.2.1-2.2.4 improved the print dialog box and print preferences and fixed a few bugs.
- Corrected a few display and programming errors om main site pages.
- Published the December 2008 newsletter.
- Updated the Code Snippets Database: Added routines to extract words from a string, count words in a string and detect file types. Also modified the ExplodeStr routine.
- Added new web service to receive user submissions to the Code Snippets Database.
- Corrected help popup window for Code Snippets Database control box.
- Fixed various glitches in new style site.
- Added two new tips: Extract keywords from an HTML document and Check if an HTML element is displayed.
- Completely restyled site.
- The Code Snippets Database Viewer user interface has been simplified and revised and the database has been re-located to the main menu from the Delphi Library sub-menu.
- Noted that the Version Information Component compiles with Delphi 2009.
- Update overview page for the BDiff / BPatch Utilities to note 5 star award received from Shareware Island.
- Added new Tip #67 "Auto-resizing and centring forms on screen".
- Added support for Delphi 2009 to Code Snippets Database. Also uploaded revisions to two routines to make them compile with Delphi 2009. All compilation results were updated to include Delphi 2009. Thanks to Bill Miller for testing the database with Delphi 2009.
- Release v2.1 of the CodeSnip Database Viewer that adds support for Delphi 2009. Thanks to Bill Miller who provided the information needed to do this.
- Added Delphi 2007 and 2009 to compatibility list for library units, IDE extensions and components.
- Updated OS support information for all programs.
- Added five new routines to the Code Snippets Database.
- Published the October 2008 newsletter.
- Released v2.0.4 of the CodeSnip Database Viewer. Database lookup speed increased, user now prompted to save user database before updating online and a few bugs fixed. Rolls up changes from unreleased v2.0.2 and v2.0.3.
- Released v3.4.2 of SIBuilder. Fixed some further Vista compatibility issues.
- Released v2.0.1 of the CodeSnip Database Viewer. Fixes a couple of bugs that manifest themselves when loading the user database.
- Added two new routines to the Code Snippets Database.
- Released v1.1.1 of BoobyTrap!. Modified main window again to work correctly with Vista task bar and flip 3D task switching. Fixed Alt key bug that still appeared in some message dialogs.
- Released v2.0 of the CodeSnip Database Viewer. This new major release adds support for user defined code snippets.
- Released v1.9.4 of the CodeSnip Database Viewer that improves compiler handling and fixes some minor bugs.
- Released v1.2 of the HTML Resource Compiler that adds facility to insert or update HTML resources into an existing resource file.
- Released v1.3 of the Clipboard Viewer Component that fixes a conditional compilation bug affecting Delphi 2005 and later. Also removed Delphi 1 support.
- Released v1.2 of the Colour Popup Menu Component that fixes a couple of bugs in the component editor and makes minor changes to the component.
- Released v1.3 of the Environment Variables Unit that fixes some bugs. Also improved help file.
- Released v0.2.5 of the BDiff / BPatch Utilities. Finally provided proper fix to problem of Vista elevating BPatch by adding manifests to resources of both programs. Renamed BPtch back to BPatch.
- Released v1.1 of BoobyTrap!, my Mine Sweeper clone. This now works with Windows Vista and has a new installer that also works on Vista.
- Released v1.9 of the CodeSnip Database Viewer that now uses a single copy of the database shared between all users rather than one copy per user. Also rolls up some previously unlreased minor bug fixes and UI improvements relating to dialog boxes.
- Fixed a bug in Tip #36 "How to snap a window to the screen edge". Thanks to Thomas Jones for providing this fix.
- Added six new routines routines to the Code Snippets Database. Thanks to Bill Miller and Jan Roza for their contributions.
- Updated Delphi 2007 compilation results in the Code Snippets Database. Thanks to Malcolm Cheyne for providing these results.
- Published the August 2008 newsletter.
- Released v4.0.2 of the Clipboard Format Spy. This release fixes a bug on Windows Vista that causes buttons and check boxes to disappear when the Alt key is pressed. Also makes the program behave correctly with the Vista task bar.
- Updated Delphi 2006 compilation results for some routines in the Code Snippets Database. Thanks to Jan Roza for testing these.
- Released v4.0.2 of the 8 Queens Problem Solver program that fixes a bug on Windows Vista that causes buttons to disappear when the Alt key is pressed. Also makes the program behave correctly with the Vista task bar and use the new standard Vista fonts in the user interface.
- Released v1.8.8 of the Code Snippets Database Viewer that fixes a bug on Windows Vista (and to a limited extent on XP) that causes some controls to disappear when the Alt key is pressed in dialog boxes. Also makes the program behave correctly with the Vista task bar.
- Added a new Bugs tab to the 8 Queens Problem Solver page and noted Alt-key bug described above.
- Updated bug report pages with news of the above Alt-key bug with Clipboard Format Spy and Version Information Spy.
- Released v3.4 of the About Box Components. This release adds support for displaying in Windows Vista (i.e. using the new Vista UI font and working correctly with the task bar).
- Released v2.11.2 of the Version Information Editor that fixes a bug on Windows Vista (and to a limited extent on XP) that causes some controls to disappear when the Alt key is pressed in dialog boxes. Also makes the program behave correctly with the Vista task bar.
- Published June 2008 newsletter.
- Added new Tip #66 "How to convert Delphi forms from binary to text and vice versa" by Bill Miller.
- Added a new EllipsifyText routine, by Bill Miller, to the Code Snippets Database.
- Added four new routines to the Code Snippets Database. Also modified the SendKeysToWindow parameter list to make compile with more compilers.
- Released v1.8.5 of the Code Snippets Database Viewer. Fixes a bug in the code snippet and source code unit exporting code.
- Updated various pages to correct some XHTML validation errors.
- Added link to IsVista routine in the Code Snippets Database.
- Updated the Code Snippets Database by adding a new Utilities category containing TryStrToLongWord, TryStrToWord & TryStrToByte routines and added new DateTimeToUnixDate & UnixDateToDateTime routines to the Date and Time category.
- Updated Tip #30 "How to convert TDateTime to a UNIX timestamp and vice versa" to reference the new Unix date conversion routines added to the Code Snippets Database.
- Released v4.0.1 of the Clipboard Format Spy that fixes various display and other minor bugs.
- Added bug tabs for the program pages: BDiff / BPtch Utilities, Clipboard Format Spy, Component Help Installer, Version Information Editor and Version Information Spy.
- Added bug tabs for the Delphi library pages: Message Dialog Components, Shell Folders Unit and Window State Components.
- Release v2.11.1 of the Version Information Editor. The program and the installer are now compatible with Windows Vista.
- A new tip, "Making LMD buttons work when clicked" was uploaded. Thanks to Alan Bailey for this one.
- Compilation results were updated for the Date & Time and Drive Management categories of the Code Snippets Database.
- Released v1.8.4 of the Code Snippets Database Viewer. Changes were made to provide better compatibility with Windows Vista.
- Released v3.0 of the System Information Unit. This major update extends support for later Windows OSs and provides additional OS and computer related information. Deprecated code is now omitted by default, but can be activated by conditional compilation. Thanks to Laurent Pierre for some of the code in this release.
- Released v3.4.1 of SIBuilder. Updated to be compatible with Windows Vista and fixed a few minor display bugs.
- Added new tip #64: "Getting and setting the user and system environment variables" by Joe Donth.
- Noted Vista compatibility issues on various program pages. Also updated OS compatibility information.
- Published April 2008 Newsletter.
- Released v0.2.4 of the BDiff / BPtch Utilities. This release renames BPatch as BPtch and modifies its version information to prevent Windows Vista thinking the program is an installer and insisting it runs elevated.
- Noted need to run SIBuilder elevated in Vista and that RegInProcSvr fails to register COM applications on Vista. See bugs page for more info. A fix is underway.
- Noted need to run Component Help Installer as elevated process on Vista. A fix is planned.
- Released v1.0.1 of the Console Application Runner Classes. Minor update that provides constants for application error codes.
- Added three new tips to the Delphi Tips section: "Merging files" from Rubem Nascimen and "Execute a DOS command and capture the output", "Get the network computer and domain names" & "Display the Browse for Folder dialog box" from Joe Donth.
- Fixed minor typos, added contents section, added feedback section and revised style of Article #6: "How to access environment variables".
- Noted possible Delphi 2007 compilation problem of demo source in Article #22: "How to call Delphi code from scripts running in a TWebBrowser".
- Added new IsVista routine to the Code Snippets Database. Thanks to Laurent Pierre for this routine.
- Release v4.0 of Clipboard Format Spy. This release adds clipboard viewers for most popular clipboard formats along with a viewer for in-memory formats.
- Released v3.4 of SIBuilder. Converted to use HTML Help instead of WinHelp.
- Released v3.3.2 of SIBuilder. Fixed some bugs and improved compatibility with later versions of Windows. Also updated the tutorial.
- Removed hit counter from home page.