2007 News Archive
- Released v1.8.1 of the Code Snippets Database Viewer. This release adds context menus to the program's main display pane and improves some behind the scenes code handling the browser control.
- Added three new tips to the Delphi Tips section: "Inserting RTF code into a rich edit control", "How to prevent a TWebBrowser from displaying a document's background" and "Reading and writing INI files".
- Fixed HTML syntax error in tip#56: "Finding HTML elements by ID in a TWebBrowser document".
- Added a new tip to the Delphi Tips section: "Finding HTML elements by ID in a TWebBrowser document".
- Added four new routines to the Graphics category of the Code Snippets Database.
- Updated GetFixedFileVerInfo and ExtractRGB routines from the Code Snippets Database – changed from var to out parameters.
- Added a two new tips to the Delphi Tips section: "Drawing disabled text" and "Drawing outlined text".
- Updated and renamed Delphi Tip #22: "Drawing rotated text": included an example and added a cross-reference to the new Code Snippets Database DrawAngledText routine.
- Released v1.7.4 of the Code Snippets Database Viewer that improves text searching and fixes a text search results display bug.
- Added a new tip to the Delphi Tips section: "Triggering default menu items from code".
- Added a cross-reference to the Extended String Property Editor to Delphi Tip #34: "How to create multiline hints".
- Renamed Delphi Tip #17: "Execute a program and wait until it is done" and added a cross-reference to the Console Application Runner Classes.
- Revised and renamed Delphi Tip #5: "Open documents and URLs in their associated applications".
- Finally uploaded v7.0.3 of the Version Information Spy. I advertised this on 29th August, but failed to upload the correct files. Thanks to Juergen for letting me know!
- New release: V1.0 of the Console Application Runner Classes that assist programs to run and interact with console applications.
- Corrected error on main page of the HTML Resource Compiler. Was linked to wrong user guide PDF file.
- Published the October 2007 newsletter.
- Released v5.3 of the Window State Components. This fixes bugs in multiple monitor and MDI application support.
- Released v1.7.3 of the Code Snippets Database Viewer that improves alignment of dialog boxes over forms and adds multi-monitor support.
- Made some minor stylistic changes the way new and updated tips are flagged on the main Delphi Tips page.
- Uploaded corrected version of source code for Code Snippets Database Viewer v1.7.2 released yesterday.
- Added four new routines to the system category of the Code Snippets Database.
- Released v1.7.2 of the Code Snippets Database Viewer that fixes a small display bug and adds credits for testers to the about box.
- Updated several Delphi Tips with cross references to the Code Snippets Database, articles and programs.
- Updated Delphi 2007 compilation results for the RecycleBinInfo routine in the Code Snippets Database, again thanks to Nigel Thomas.
- Added a new tip to the Delphi Tips section: "How to disable form movement using the mouse" by Dennis LV.
- Released v5.2 of the Window State Components that adds support for multiple montors, thanks to code supplied by Craig Symons.
- Updated the Code Snippets Database with compilation results for Delphi 2007. Thanks to Nigel Thomas and Laurent Pierre.
- Release v0.2.3 of the BDiff / BPatch Utilities that fixes a couple of bugs.
- Added the new RecycleBinInfo routine to the Code Snippets Database. Also updated the SetFileDate routine.
- Replaced glyphs indicating operating system with textual descriptions on each software page.
- Added help link for key to Delphi compatibility tables on each software page where a compatibility table appears. Updated help page accordingly.
- Added ability to use urls in form /software/progid/tab to display various software pages.
- Released v1.7.0 of the CodeSnip Database Viewer that adds the ability to print information about routines from the database.
- Enlarged maximum message size on Contact Page from 1Kb to 16Kb.
- Updated HTML Resource Compiler page by replacing user guide tab with a PDF file.
- Updated the Delphi Tips front page. Tips now appear in a scrolling box with new and updated tips flagged.
- Added new TextWrap routine to the Code Snippets Database.
- Revised the Pascal unit generator of the Code Snippets Database. Fixed a bug that was including spurious CR characters in downloaded units. Also changed header comments in generated units to be similar to those generated by the CodeSnip Database Viewer.
- Added a new tip to the Delphi Tips section: "Communicate between processes using windows messaging" by Dennis LV.
- Released v7.0.3 of Version Information Spy that corrects a couple of minor bugs and changed over to a new open source end user license agreement.
- Added two new routines to the Windows shell category of the Code Snippets Database.
- Updated 8 Queens Problem Solver page by replacing user guide tab with a PDF file.
- Removed web based nine step tutorial from SIBuilder page with an updated tutorial in PDF format.
- Updated Resource Files Unit page by replacing user guide tab with a PDF file.
- Released a new DLL – the Version Information Manipulator Library. This DLL was previously only available as a component of Version Information Spy but is now available separately.
- Released v1.1 of the Menu Speed Button Components that adds two new properties to the components and moves component source to the Mozilla Public License.
- Added two new routines to the drive management category of the Code Snippets Database.
- Added five new Delphi tips: "Animate windows as they are opened and closed", "Animate tray application windows as they open and close", "Find the taskbar and system tray window handles", "Message box that works with a Delphi Service Application" and "How to get the size of a file".
- Added new link to Links Page. Also removed several dead links.
- Added two new routines to the system category of the Code Snippets Database.
- Reintroduced the ability to sign up to mailing lists via the site. Added subscription forms to the Home, Newsletter, Delphi Tips, Code Snippets Database, Code Snippets Offline Viewer and Component Help Installer pages.
- Published the August 2007 newsletter.
- Added four new string routines to the Code Snippets Database: IsNumeric, IsWhiteSpace, TitleCase and TrimStringList.
- Substantially revised Article #16: "How to use the TListView OnCustomDrawXXX events".
- Made minor changes to Compatibility page re test browsers.
- Added a new Delphi tip: "How to check if a key is pressed".
- Released Shell Folders Unit v2.2.4 that fixes some minor bugs, updates shell folder ids. Also includes some refactorings.
- Added new ComputerName and UserName routines to the Code Snippets Database.
- Released v3.3.1 of the SIBuilder install program creator. The program has been moved to a new license and the source code has been released under the Mozilla Public License.
- Released new Delphi IDE extension, Macro Toolbar Display Wizard for Delphi 7 that displays the macro recording / playback toolbar in each editor window in Delphi 7.
- Added new Mathematics category to the Code Snippets Database, containing six routines – five for working with rectangles and along with one support routine.
- Added four new tips: "Boyer-Moore-Horspool text searching", "Fast string file searching", "Prevent flicker on graphics controls" and "Blocking input".
- Updated Home Page to refer to the new Delphi Tips pages.
- Added new Delphi Tips page containing 40 tips.
- Updated newsletter page so that newsletters can be displayed simply by appending the required issue number to the url path, e.g., to display the June 2007 newsletter use /newsletter/2007-06.
- Added new facility to interpret short URLs and redirect to longer ones (a la TinyURL). This facility will be used mainly in DelphiDabbler newsletters.
- Published the June 2007 newsletter.
- Updated Article #11: "How to catch files dragged and dropped on an application from Explorer". Added link to Article #24, corrected errors, made minor editorial changes and added warning about problems with drag drop on Windows Vista.
- Moved bug reports from the Drop Files Components Overview tab to a new Bugs tab.
- Added ProgramFileSpec and ProgramName routines. Also added new contributor and removed broken URL reference.
- Made minor modifications, corrected typos and updated the demo program in Article #25: "How to handle drag and drop in a TWebBrowser control".
- Added new Program Update web service for access from DelphiDabbler applications.
- Added warning to the Drop Files Components page noting that the component may not work correctly with Windows Vista.
- Updated Compatibility page to note move to Firefox 184.108.40.206 as main test browser. Also removed reference to Opera browser used for testing. Made other minor changes to page.
- Released v1.6.1 of the CodeSnip Database Viewer that fixes a bug that allowed a new routine to be selected while another was being compiled, causing the display to get out of sync.
- Released v1.6 of the CodeSnip Database Viewer that adds support for Delphi 2007. Thanks to David Mustard for providing information about Delphi 2007 to enable this update.
- Added support for Delphi 2007 to online Code Snippets Database.
- Added several new RGB and icon routines to the Code Snippets Database. Also modified the ColorToRGBTriple routine.
- Added two new graphics routines to the Code Snippets database and updated the database's MakeGreyScale routine.
- Publised new Article #25: "How to handle drag and drop in a TWebBrowser control".
- Published the April 2007 newsletter.
- Released v3.3 of SIBuilder that removes the facility to use Delphi to compile install programs. The program now only uses the built in packager.
- Released v2.1 of the Hot Label Component. This release fixes a design time bug, changes to the Mozilla Public License and adds a demo program.
- Released v0.1.5 of the PasH Pascal Syntax Highlighter. This is a major refactoring. It also detects and reports invalid command line parameters as errors.
- Updated Code Snippets Database with compiler results for FreePascal compiler and fixed error in ProgramName routine's dependency list.
- Released v4.0.1 of the 8 Queens Problem Solver that reduces flickering when updating chess board display. Also added new installation program created by Inno Setup and changed to a different open source End User License Agreement. The several of 8 Queens web pages have been significantly revised.
- Added new PAD file for the 8 Queens Problem Solver.
- Released v1.5.13 of the CodeSnip Database Viewer that fixes some menu and display bugs.
- Added new Bugs tab to CodeSnip Database Viewer page, removed bug list from main page and updated program screenshots.
- Revised CodeSnip Database update web service.
- Corrected typo in CodeSnip Database Viewer's change log.
- Released v1.5.12 of the CodeSnip Database Viewer that makes GUI more responsive during long operations and displays a wait dialog box when updated databases are loading.
- Released v1.5.11 of the CodeSnip Database Viewer that adds a splash screen to the program and disables the main window during long operations.
- Updated Compatibility page to note move to Firefox 220.127.116.11 as main test browser.
- Released v1.5.8 of the CodeSnip Database Viewer. This fixes a long-standing, but only just reported, bug in the program's history list. It also contains changes made in unleased versions from 1.5.5 to 1.5.7. These include improved keyboard handling, modified About box giving information about the database (including contributors), minor tweaks to message boxes and improved XHTML handling.
- Added Code Snippets Database.
- Released v1.5.4 of the CodeSnip Database Viewer that adds disclaimers to main welcome screen and exported source code.
- Released v1.5.3 of the CodeSnip Database Viewer that rolls up various modifications made since the last public release at v1.4.4. These include a minor change to the display of test units, minor changes to appearance of main display, display of database and search information in status bar and some significant refactorings that have no visible impact.
- Published the February 2007 newsletter.
- Added Code Snippets Database.
- Released v5.1 of the Window State Components that roll in changes made by Bruce J Miller.
- Updated CodeSnip Database Viewer re recent un-released program updates.
- Updated Compatibility page to note move to Firefox 18.104.22.168 as main test browser.
- Updated About DelphiDabbler page to include more links to Wikipedia.